Our mission is to promote squash throughout our region. We all love the game and want to see it expand and thrive.
- Communication - We keep our members informed on squash activity and events at all local clubs and organizations via our email newsletters and website: www.SeattleSquash.com.
- Member of the US Squash National Organization - Being a member of the national organization provides communication of the national squash events via a weekly email newsletter and monthly magazine. In addition, members of US Squash are able to be rated, ranked and play in US Squash sanctioned events.
- League - Every Tuesday night, from November thru March, squash players from all over the Seattle area gather at squash clubs throughout the region for an evening of friendly but competitive matches. This year we have 3 divisions and 22 teams, that's about 150 players. At the end of the season we have the league finals, and prizes and trophies are awarded.
- Tournaments - We hold 2 tournaments a year. One at the beginning of the season (October), we hold the Washington State Open and at the end of the season (April/May), we run the Seattle City Championships. Both tournaments have men’s and women’s divisions and we encourage juniors to play with adults in these divisions.
- Celebration of the Squash Season - At the end of the season (April/May), we hold the annual SSRA party for all SSRA members and hand out end of season awards.
- Support - We support our local squash community by funding and volunteering to help
- The local junior squash programs from the Seattle Urban Squash program to traveling coaches and juniors at the top levels of play.
- The Seattle Howe Cup teams that represent our area at the National Women’s Team Championships.
- Local Coaches with promotion of squash and their events.
We are always interested in hearing from our members, so if you have any comments or feedback, or are interested in helping out, please contact email@example.com.